TAILORED SOLUTIONS: Our Consulting Process
While some projects have a stated goal, others start with the awareness of a problem or issue that require investigation before determining the best solution. Barrington’s approach to these projects has several phases:
- Assessment. This first phase involves exploring the issues, interviewing all the individuals that are involved or have a vested interest in the process or solution and creating an assessment report that allows everyone involved to see the full picture before moving to the next phase.
- Research. Research may take many forms based on the issue, but generally this phase involves developing a range of possible solutions. This phase typically involves empirical research to consider how other firms solved the same issue.
- Determine and Implement a Solution. Barrington will help a firm work through a process to determine the best solution, negotiate and contract with vendors as necessary and then complete any required implementation.
Determining solutions is improved by including all possible information around a problem and then understanding the best possible solutions for your firm.
Barrington does not just write a report, we take clients through a thorough, documented process.
- All involved parties have had a voice in the process.
- The assessment allows all involved staff to see the broad picture.
- Solutions work best when there is inclusion and buy-in. The solution may not match any individual's opinion, but if they understand why decisions were made it will reduce dissent and potential turnover.