INSIGHT & INTELLIGENCE: Benchmark Surveys
Investment management firms use their participation in Barrington Partners’ benchmarking surveys to measure their costs and operational practices against their industry peers.
Benchmarking against your peers gives your firm valuable insights …
We conduct a number of benchmarking surveys, usually every other year or ‘on a biennial frequency’:
- Fund Accounting & Administration Cost Survey asks the question, “Are overall fund accounting costs for the fund company within a reasonable range of what other fund companies are paying when considering the complexity of the funds’ portfolios?” ► SURVEY TO BE PUBLISHED Q4 2017. Learn more >
- Fund Audit Fees Survey asks “Are overall audit fees for the fund company within a reasonable range of what other fund companies are paying based on a relative complexity factor?” ► SURVEY COMPLETED MAY 2017. Learn more >
- Intermediary Fees Survey has the goal of establishing ‘market rates’ for the payments of 12b-1, sub-TA and revenue sharing within each platform of five intermediary distribution channels. Learn more >
- Intermediary Oversight Survey focuses on benchmarking how firms manage their intermediary oversight responsibilities and sub-accounting activities, and the ways their oversight programs are evolving. Learn more >
- Transfer Agency Cost Survey is designed to capture all costs of operating a transfer agency on a channel basis, no matter what entity contributes to the cost. Learn more >
- Private Funds Audit Fees Survey is the first research that examines audit fees paid by private funds, including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, Hybrid Funds (HF holdings with PE structure), Illiquid or Real Asset Funds, Alternative fund of funds, and ERISA only funds. Learn more >
- Canadian Funds Audit Fees Survey uses the same methodology as our pioneering benchmarking survey of US Mutual Funds. Learn more >
Each survey participant receives a tailored copy of the survey results, where their responses are compared to the anonymized data for the other participating firms. Only participating firms receive a copy of the final report.
… and actionable results.
- For example, fund companies and boards can use survey results to assess the appropriateness of audit fees.
- As well, boards and management obtain a clear picture of how well their firm handles intermediary oversight.
- Investment managers gain deep insight into the complex world of intermediary fees, and see how their firm’s handling of those fees compares to their peers.
To learn more about Barrington’s benchmark survey capabilities and methodology, please contact:
Hubbard Garber at 617.482.3300
Judy Benson at 617.482.3303
Ellen Pedro at 617.320.9918
Kyle Odermann at 913.768.7081
Tobey Kelly at 781.799.2830