Rule 22c-2 Solutions Review 2007
This Review examines the major issues and legislative environment surrounding Rule 22c-2. The Review provides clear perspectives of industry practitioners through interviews with leading third party system providers. Summarized findings provide a unique and practical perspective on the Redemption Fee issues associated with Rule 22c-2.
The 8 systems and service providers included in this Review are:
- Access Data Corporation, Access Data SalesVision®
- BISYS Fund Services, 22c-2 Solution
- DST Systems, Inc., TA2000 Omnibus Transparency
- Envision Financial Systems, Clarity Compliance Solution
- Linedata Services, MSHARE®
- PFPC, 22c-2 Services
- SalesFocus Solutions, Inc., MARS Product Suite
- SunGard Data Systems, Inc., STN 22c-2 Services
The Review utilizes a consistent format to allow for comparison between solutions. Some of the key sections include:
- Company background
- Market focus, specialty functionality
- IT languages, platforms, databases, interfaces
- Functionality and system support
- Listings of clients
- Licensing and pricing information
Research Process: The research process is completed as follows: First we review our outline with a range of senior industry professionals to ensure that functionality required by current regulatory and operational imperatives is included. We next work extensively with the providers who have built Rule 22c-2 technology. Once this phase has been completed we review our research results and develop conclusions. By addressing our findings with senior industry professionals, we are able to provide strategic insights into the issues. Note that user interviews were not possible as none of the solutions were in production with clients at the time of publication.
The information collected by Barrington Partners is sensitive in nature. Client firms must agree to keep the documents confidential and not share information outside their immediate firm.